Here are five yummy ways you can “spice up” your water to effortlessly to meet your daily water intake goal.
Blueberry Vanilla Lime Water
This fruity infused water recipe from Rachel Freebairn Fitness is for one serving and only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
- 1 cup of ice
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 3 slices of fresh lime
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup of cold filtered water
- Place ice in tall glass; set aside.
- Combine blueberries, lime, and vanilla in large cocktail shaker.
- Mash well with back of a wooden spoon or muddler
- Stir in water; cover and shake.
- Strain into ice-filled glass and enjoy.
To make a pitcher size, simply increase the ingredients by 4 or 8, depending on the size of your pitcher (or party).
Strawberry Mango Infused Water
This delicious Strawberry Mango Lime Infused Water Recipe is fantastic way to microdose some of those essential vitamins and minerals.
Courtney’s Strawberry Mango Lime Infused Water Recipe is a great way to get your vitamins and minerals in! Mangos can be a good source of Vitamins A, C, K, Potassium, Beta-carotene, Folate, Choline and Magnesium.
- 1/2 mango sliced
- 2 strawberries (you can cut if you'd like)
- 1 lime sliced 8oz water
- Place your fruit into a mason jar and cover with water.
- Place the lid onto the mason jar and refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours before drinking.
- For a stronger flavor, allow sit overnight.
Pineapple Infused Water
This tropical Pineapple Infused Water Recipe from Happy Foods Tube is anti-inflammatory and cleansing. The mint is a great addition to help with digestion or headaches.
- ½ cup of pineapple chunks
- Fresh mint sprigs
- 1 ¼ cup of cold filtered water
- Cut the pineapple flesh into chunks and place them all together with some fresh mint sprigs into a jug. If you don’t have a jug, use large jars instead.
- Pour water in and cover with plastic wrap or with a lid.
- Place it in the fridge overnight.
Then, the following day just take it out and enjoy!
If you add some lemon slices, you can also serve it at a picnic or barbecue.
Strawberry Lime Cucumber and Mint Water
You will love this Strawberry Lime Cucumber and Mint Infused Water. The refreshing taste of your freshly filtered water is enhanced by the addition of cucumbers, mint and lime in this recipe. The strawberries add a little sweetness while not too overwhelming on your tongue!
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Cold, freshly filtered water
- In a 2-3 litre jug or pitcher, layer the strawberries, cucumbers, lime slices, and mint leaves with the ice cubes.
- Fill jug or pitcher with freshly filtered water.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, and then enjoy!
Watermelon Detox Water
This delicious Watermelon Detox Water is a must for summer days. Watermelon contains 90% of water and aids in hydration. It also contains a generous amount of vitamin C and vitamin A, essential for good skin health.
- 2 cup 1" watermelon pieces
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1/2 " ginger peeled and sliced 3 cup drinking water chilled
- 3 cup ice cubes
- Add few watermelon pieces, 2-3 lemon slices, some mint and ginger slices at the bottom of mason jar.
- Then add around 1 cup of ice cubes.
- Repeat step 1 to form layers of ice and other ingredients.
- Finally, add chilled water.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy whenever you feel thirsty or feel like drinking water to stay hydrated.
Water Kefir (Whatever flavour you like!) - How To Make Kefir
If you’d like to experiment with the water kefir flavours, use the How To Make Kefir basics.
Raspberry Lime Pomegranate Water Kefir
It's no surprise that we want to include something gut-loving in our diet, so why not try out this delicious Raspberry Lime Pomegranate Water Kefir? It contains good bacteria, which will help nourish your system!
- 500 mL water kefir (we used some of our favorite from Felicity Evans, but it's so easy to make yourself )
- 1 lime, sliced or quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- A few fresh thyme sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jug and enjoy immediately!
James, at Food Matters, is a fellow Australian, and his team have travelled the world and enlisted the help of the world’s leading natural health and medical experts and men and women who discovered lasting weight loss, abundant energy, and vibrant health after years of being sick and overweight.
James believes that “One of the simplest things we can do for our health is to drink more high-quality water ...”