Welcome to the Filteroo® Superoo page. Below are links you can click through to know how you can create the best water you can with your Filteroo® Superoo.
Watch our guide videos by clicking on the links below:
How to Assemble your Filteroo® Superoo
How To Prime your 5.5” & 8” Filteroo® Rain & City Water Carbon Block Gravity Water Filter Cartridge
How to Install & Flush 8” Filteroo® Rain & City Water Gravity Carbon Block Filter Cartridge
- Remove the locking nut from the cartridge threaded stem leaving 1 sealing washer over the end of the cartridge threaded stem.
- Insert the filter cartridge threaded stem through the hole in the top tank from the inside out.
- Then secure by screwing the locking nut onto the threaded stem on the underside of the top tank until tight. Do not over tighten.
- Ensure that the tap is in the off position.
- Fill the top tank with cold water and allow this water to filter through to the lower tank.
- It is recommended to drain the first filtered water to waste as it may contain carbon fines.
- Open the tap and allow the water to empty the bottom tank into a bucket or container. You can use this water for your garden or plants.
- We recommend flushing at least 12 litres of water through the cartridge using the process in steps 5 - 8.
- Please Note: If you are going to install the Filteroo® Max Fluoride Removal Cartridges also, flush 12 litres of water through the black carbon cartridges at this time. As after you have flushed the fluoride removal cartridges & connected them as per the instructions, you can flush another tank of water through both the carbon cartridges and the fluoride removal cartridges together at the same time. Please see the Filteroo® Max Fluoride Removal Cartridge Installation and Flushing Instructions.
- The filter is now ready for use
How to Backwash your 5.5" & 8" Filteroo® Rain & City Water Gravity Carbon Block Filter Cartridge
How to Install & Flush Filteroo® Max Fluoride Removal Cartridge by Omnipure
- Remove the plastic wrapping whilst keeping the cartridges clean.
- Remove the end caps from each end of the cartridges.
- Sit the rubber flushing washer over the hole on 1 end of the cartridge, hold the cartridge and washer as you press it up against the tap spout, gently turn on the cold water and allow the water to flow into the cartridge & then out the other end to flush the fine particles out of the cartridge. Flush continuously for 1 minute or until the white milky coloured water flows clear.
- Turn the cartridge around and repeat step 3 above and flush for a further 1 minute or until the white milky coloured water flows clear. Continue to flush via this process until you have clean clear water flowing from your cartridge.
- Once flushed, the Filteroo® MAX Fluoride Removal cartridge screws onto the underside of the connected Filteroo® carbon cartridge threads showing on the underside of the top tank. The fluoride cartridges hang down inside the bottom tank. (Note - Only 1 end of the cartridge has a thread). The cartridge MUST be installed by the threaded end for attaching the cartridge and ONLY screw the cartridge for 5 full turns to not over tighten as this can lead to damaging the fluoride cartridge inside.
- Once the Filteroo® MAX fluoride removal cartridges have been installed, place the top tank onto the bottom tank and fill the top tank with water and allow that water to filter down through both the Filteroo® carbon cartridge & the Filteroo® MAX fluoride removal cartridges.
- Once the top tank has emptied into the bottom tank. Discharge that water to waste or the garden and then install the mineral pad into the bottom tank and your water filter is now ready to be refilled & use.