Installing a Faucet is simple. Watch the video and read the instructions below.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sharp knife.
- Thread tape.
- Electrical Tape.
- Hole punch or sharp object.
HOW TO INSTALL A FAUCET FOR AN UNDER SINK WATER FILTER
- Take the faucet out of the box and read over the instructions.
- Show it to your plumber if you need help to install it or simply do it yourself.
BEFORE YOU START
There A 3 Things You Need To Check Before You Start Drilling:
- After you’ve chosen where you’d like to position your faucet it’s vitally important to check under the sink to make sure you can get to it from underneath because once you’ve installed the under sink water filter tap, you’ll need to put a locking nut on the bottom to tighten it up.
- It’s important to make sure that wherever you drill the hole through the top of the sink, you have access from underneath to connect it up with the locking nut, put the joiner connection on and then connect the hose. Some sinks, especially high quality sinks, can have enclosed cavities in them where you can drill a hole through it and then you just can't get your hand in there.
- Make sure that the faucet position will allow the water to fall into the sink.
It’s important to check all of these things before you start drilling.
Make sure you’ve got good posture while drilling.
If it’s a deep sink and you need to reach over a lot, you might want to use a block or a step to stand on.
Be sure that you’re not drilling into anything electrical by double checking underneath.
DRILLING THE HOLE IN THE SINK SURFACE
Wherever you decide that you'd like to install your faucet, you need to have a look under the sink to make sure that you can get to it.
Once you insert the faucet, you're going to put a locking nut on the bottom, and you need to be able to get your arm in there to tighten it up. Just make sure that wherever you drill the hole through the top of the sink, you have access from underneath to connect it up with the locking nut. Then you put on the joiner connection and connect the hose to it as well.
- Choose a place on your sink near the basin and flat enough to drill the hole.
- Use a pencil to make a small mark where you want to install your faucet.
- Cover the pencil mark with a small piece of electrical tape.
- Make another small mark on top of the electrical tape (where you put the first mark).
- Use a drill (with a small drill bit) to drill a pilot hole through the electrical tape on top the mark.
- Use a drill (with the half-inch drill bit) to fully drill the hole for the faucet.
Now there's a nice hole in the sink, it’s time to install the faucet.
INSTALL KITCHEN FAUCET
- Put the single rubber washer onto the faucet.
- Peel the protective coating off the chrome plate and make sure the rubber washer is inside the bottom of the chrome plate.
- Slide the chrome plate onto the faucet.
- Push the faucet into the new hole in the sink.
- Take the black plate, locking washer and nut (in that order) and screw it onto the bottom of the faucet from underneath the sink, and tighten it up with a spanner.
CONNECTING THE WATER HOSE TO THE FAUCET
- Push the connector onto the bottom of the faucet.
- Thread the water hose around the back and connect up to the faucet.
- Put the red clip into the top of the collar.
- Push the hose up into the connector.
- Put the next red clip onto the collar of the connector to lock it into place.
- Run some water through for a minute to clear out any debris from the faucet.
Final step - Pour yourself a nice glass of water with your newly installed Faucet. You’ve done well.
Click here to see our collection of Faucets.
If you require any further assistance with installation, please contact us.