In this article, you will learn how to install a HiFlow Under Sink Water Filter.
What you will need:
- Your new water filter
- A tea towel or small hand towel
- A drill
Important - If necessary you can easily change the direction of the flow of water through the inlet and outlet of the filter system. You will notice on the head assembly that the inlet is shown by the word “IN” and the outlet is shown by the word “OUT”.
To change direction, simply remove the four screws that hold the mounting bracket to the head assembly and replace/refit the mounting bracket in the opposite direction. This allows flexibility when choosing the desired location for your filter system.
Also, note that you can install your filter horizontally if it doesn’t fit upright underneath the sink.
How To Install Your Under Sink Inline Water Filter
- Open Carton and Inspect Parts.
- Ensure that the cold water at mains supply is turned off.
- Open the kitchen / mixer tap and release any water pressure.
- Unscrew the braided flex hose from the existing cold water line mini cistern tap or isolation valve.
- Clean the ½” male water connection thread.
- If you’re installing your filter horizontally - Measure 460mm horizontally, and mark the mounting location for the side of the Filter Head Assembly and end of the filter cartridge. Make sure there is adequate space to avoid crimping the water line flex hoses. Also make sure your chosen location offers easy access for future cartridge changes and installation of the stabilising support bracket.
- If you’re installing your filter vertically - Measure 460mm from the base of the cabinet (or shelf), and mark the mounting location for the top of the Filter Head Assembly. Make sure that there is adequate space to avoid crimping the water line flex hoses. Also make sure your chosen location offers easy access for future cartridge changes.
- Take the Pex Hose 3/8” male connection and screw this connection to the inlet side of the Filter Head Assembly. This hose fitting has a sealing o-ring and does not require plumbing tape or compound to be applied to create the seal.You will notice on the head assembly that the inlet is shown by the word “IN” and the outlet is shown by the word “OUT”.
- Take the Brass Hex Nipple with o-ring and screw this connection into the outlet side of the filter head. This brass fitting has a sealing o-ring and does not require plumbing tape or compound to be applied to create the seal.
- Securely mount the Filter Head Assembly on the cabinet wall using two of the mounting screws provided. The filter head will be installed vertically or horizontally depending upon your desired location.
- Apply plumbing tape to the ½” male water connection cistern tap fitting before screwing on the dual check valve.
- Connect the ½” female end of the Pex Hose - to the ½” male end of the Dual Check valve as shown in the diagram in your installation instruction manually you received with your product.
- Attach Filtered Water to Cold Water Line of Kitchen Tap.
- Take the braided flex hose that is attached to the kitchen tap and screw the ½” female end of the braided flex hose onto the hex nipple (outlet side of filter head).
- For Horizontal Installations – Install Stabilizing Bracket. Where the system is installed horizontally the unit requires support at the base of the filter cartridge with the Stabilizing Bracket. Locate the bracket in a position that allows three important functions; Firstly, the bracket needs to be located so the Filter Cartridge can be removed when it is replaced. Suggested location is at the base of the filter cartridge. The bracket must be level with the filter head – so that the filter cartridge sits in a level horizontal position.
- Finally, the bracket needs to be screwed into the cabinet using the two remaining mounting screws and set in a manner whereby the bottom of the bracket support.
- Install Filter Cartridge by holding the filter head firmly with one hand, align the cartridge, and push into filter head assembly.
- Turn it to the right until it stops.
- Flush the Filter Cartridge.
- Turn water supply back on at either the mains or at the cold water mini cistern tap.
- Check for any leaks.
- Install and set the filter replacement alarm.
Congratulations, now you’ve successfully installed your HiFlow Under Sink Inline Water Filter system.
If you have any questions, please contact us, we’d be delighted to help.