When you buy a new Water Filtration Product online, it can sometimes sustain some damage in transit from the warehouse to your home. That’s why it’s good to check your products thoroughly before installation, to make sure you’re getting the best quality water you possibly can.
The ULTRAPURE 0.5 Micron Ceramic Single Stage Benchtop Water Filter comes with a ceramic cartridge which can crack when not handled with care. Once you have taken delivery of your new water filter, we recommend you check the cartridge for hairline cracks or any other damage that may have been sustained.
If a ceramic cartridge is cracked, the water will find the path of least resistance through the crack, resulting in your water not being filtered as it should.
How to check your cartridge for cracks
What you will need:
Cartridge removal tool
1. Place the tea towel on the bench to create a padded workspace where you can handle the water filter without slipping on the benchtop.
2. Use the cartridge removal tool to twist off the water filter housing.
3. Take off the housing carefully, making sure the cartridge doesn’t get knocked over. These cartridges need to be treated like eggs as they are easily cracked if they are dropped or mishandled.
4. When you take out the cartridge, make a note of which end says “This Way Up”. (When dealing with a benchtop filter, you’ll notice that the “This Way Up” end goes down.)
5. While holding the cartridge at both ends, gently twist the ends to make sure there are no cracks in the ends.
6. Hold the cartridge with an end in each hand and carefully rotate the cartridge as you run your eyes up and down the cartridge, checking for fractures or hairline cracks. It will have little scratches on it, but if it’s got a crack through it, you’ll see it much the same as a crack in an eggshell.
7. Once you’ve properly checked the cartridge, place it back in the filter the right way and cover it with the housing.
8. Use the cartridge removal tool to tighten up the housing.
You're now ready to connect it up to the spout and start drinking beautiful, purified water.