In this article, you’ll see how easy and quick it is to replace the cartridges in your Aquasana AQ4000.
Cartridges last between 6-9 months with normal household usage. Click here to see the cartridge replacement pack.
How to Change Aquasana AQ-4000 Benchtop Filter Cartridges
- Place the unit in the sink when changing filters to catch any spills. Remove the threaded filter caps by turning in the direction of the arrows. To loosen, turn A cap to the right and B cap to the left.
- Remove old filter cartridges and dispose of them in the trash. Reuse existing large O-rings as they have a 10-year lifecycle.
- Install the new filter cartridges. Insert the “A” cartridge with the nipple-end first. Then, press and rotate to seat properly. Install the “B” cartridge by inserting the nipple into the “B” cap
- Tighten the threaded filter caps firmly in the opposite direction of the arrows shown on the caps • The “A” cap will tighten by turning it to the left. The “B” cap will tighten by turning it to the right. Ensure O-ring is in place
- Turn on the cold water and check for leaks with the filter still lying flat. If leaks are noticed, repeat step 3 and 4. If no leaks are noticed, return the filter to the upright position and allow the water to run for 10 minutes until all cloudiness and discolouration have disappeared.
- Enjoy the benefits of drinking clean, healthy water!
If you have any questions regarding the cartridge replacement for the Aquasana AQ4000 please feel free to contact us.
Cartridge Removal Tip:
Note: The cartridge replacement process for the Aquasana AQ4000 is the same for other Aquasana models, including AQ4035, AQ4000B, AQ4000P, AQ4500, AQ4501, AQ4600 and AQ4601.