In this article, we’ll show you how easy it is to change the cartridges in your Doulton Ultracarb Twin Benchtop Water Filter with Double Carbon.
You Will Need:
- Cartridge tool
- Adjustable wrench
Before You Start
Inspect Your Cartridge.
Before you go ahead and install your Doulton water filter cartridge, you need to make sure it hasn’t sustained any damage in transit. Carefully remove the surface packaging on your cartridge and run your eyes up and down the cartridge to make sure there are no cracks or chips in your cartridge. Do not touch the ceramic with your hands.
Lay A Towel Down On The Benchtop.
It’s helpful to lay a towel down on the benchtop so you have something to work on. It stops the filter from slipping and makes the job much easier.
How To Change The Cartridges In Your Doulton Ultracarb Benchtop Water Filter with the Double Carbon Pack
- Unbox your new cartridges and inspect for faults.
- Lay your water filter on its side, and use the housing removal tool to loosen the housings.
- Lift your water filter upright again, and continue unscrewing your housings anticlockwise and lift them off.
- Remove your old cartridges and discard them.
- Insert your new cartridges —note which way goes up. For Benchtop Water Filters, “this end up” actually goes down.
- Put the housings over the top, and tighten just tight enough to seal using the housing removal tool.
Click here to see our collection of Benchtop Water Filters and see all the different ways you can improve your water.
Flushing Your Cartridges Before Use
With this system, ceramic on the outside of the Doulton Cartridge, carbon on the inside, we want to flush them before drinking the water.
Flush your cartridges for 5 minutes.
The water coming out during the flush will most likely be black because the cartridges are carbon. You can still make use of this water by tipping it over the garden if you can.
Now your water is ready to drink.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.