When you purchase a water filter from our range of Ultrapure Filters, they can all be turned on and flushed for 5-10 minutes, and they’re ready to use, except if you have a fluoride cartridge in it.
When you are installing a Fluoride Removal cartridge, it needs to be flushed alone before use to remove the fine particles inside them.
If you leave your unflushed fluoride removal cartridge in the housing and turn the water on, all the fines come out of the cartridge, and they adhere to the secondary cartridges, and you risk blocking them up before you start.
If you have a fluoride removal cartridge in any of our water filters, you must remove any cartridges after the fluoride cartridge and give it a good flush before use.
This applies to all systems that include a fluoride removal cartridge.
Simply run water through it for a minimum of 10 minutes.
How To Flush A Fluoride Cartridge Before First Use
- Use the cartridge removal tool to remove the housings on each cartridge after the fluoride cartridge in your system.
- Take out the cartridges after the fluoride cartridge.
- Put the housings back on and tighten.
- Turn the water on and let the water flow through the system for 10 minutes.
- Remove the housings and put your cartridges back in.
- Put the housings back on and tighten again.
- Pour yourself a fresh glass of water and see how it tastes.
Please contact us if you need any further assistance with this, and we would be delighted to help.
Click here to check out our full range of Fluoride Removal Systems.