Good day, folks. Rod from My Water Filter here.
You’re about to find out how easy it is to install the Sprite Hand Held Shower Head. The Sprite Hand Held Shower Filter is part of our Shower Filter Range.
Installation Time: 15 minutes
Click here to learn more about or purchase the Sprite Shower Pure 7 Stage Hand Held Shower Filter.
Before you start:
Clear any items out of the way to ensure you have a safe, clear area to install the shower filter.
Ensure there are no trip hazards or anything that can create harm in the work area.
Fold a towel in half and place down on the shower area floor, so if you drop something like a wrench or a spanner, it’s not going to break the tile.
Things you will need:
- Spanner or adjustable wrench
- Thread Tape
Sprite Hand Held Shower Filter Installation Instructions
- Remove your existing shower head, arm or hose from the shower supply pipe.
- Make sure the shower supply pipe is clean and dry. If there are any old thread tape residues, take the thread tape off and give it a wipe.
- Wrap the thread tape in a clockwise direction around the shower supply pipe. Make sure to wrap it in the same direction, how you would screw your shower filter on to ensure you are not unwinding the thread tape as you screw on the shower filter. Avoid wrapping the centre of the water pipe as that will block the hole. Six full turns of thread tape should be sufficient.
- Screw the ½ inch female thread of the shower bracket holder onto the shower supply pipe on the wall and hand tighten. Please do not overtighten as the rubber washer inside might get squashed, and this will result in a water flow restriction.
- Use a tool or spanner to tighten firmly and secure in the right position, so the ½” male thread connection is pointing straight down.
- Get the hose and remove the plastic caps from each end of the hose connectors.
- Insert the 1 x rubber washer into each shower hose end connector. This will prevent water from leaking out of the connector.
- Attach the hexagonal hose end connector onto the ½” male thread connector of the shower bracket, and hand tighten. Use a tool or a spanner to tighten firmly. Please do not overtighten as the rubber washer inside might get squashed, and this will result in a water flow restriction. If there’s leakage, you can apply thread tape to the ½” male thread of the shower bracket.
- Remove the protector sticker from the ½” male end thread of the shower filter handle. Connect the remaining shower hose end connector onto the ½” male threaded connector of the shower handle. Make sure it’s tight to avoid leaking. However, avoid over-tightening, as this might damage the threads of the shower handle.
- Place the handheld shower filter handle into the bracket. Tilt the handle to the preferred angle gently.
- Once installed, hold an empty bucket under the shower head as you slowly turn the cold water on, allow the black coloured carbon water to flow into the bucket until the black water turns clear again. Please note all carbon filters can emit black water from the carbon fines inside the filter when first used. Let it flow for a few seconds until the water has turned clear, adjust the temperature up to a normal shower temperature.
Now you have successfully installed the Sprite Hand Held Shower Head.
If you have any questions or if we can help you with anything, please contact us or start a live chat on the bottom right hand corner of this page.