It’s incredibly easy to replace the cartridge in your Doulton Ultracarb Single Stage Ceramic Benchtop Water Filter. In this article, we’ll show you how, step by step.
Cartridges for a typical Benchtop or Under Sink system need to be replaced every 12 months.
You Will Need:
- Cartridge tool
- Adjustable wrench
Before You Start
Inspect Your Cartridge
Before you go ahead and install your Doulton water filter cartridge, you need to make sure it hasn’t sustained any damage in transit.
Carefully remove the surface packaging on your cartridge and run your eyes up and down the cartridge to make sure there are no cracks or chips in your cartridge. Do not touch the ceramic with your hands.
Lay A Towel Down On The Benchtop
It’s helpful to lay a towel down on the benchtop, so you have something to work on. It stops the filter from slipping and makes the job much easier.
Doulton Water Filter Cartridge Replacement:
- Lay the water filter on its side.
- Using the cartridge removal tool, turn it anti-clockwise to loosen the housing on your water filter.
- Once you’ve broken the seal, simply unscrew the housing by hand. Be careful not to bump or knock over the cartridge; it’s ceramic, so it can break.
- If you haven’t already, inspect the replacement cartridge. Run your eyes up and down the ceramic cartridge to ensure there are no chips, cracks or breaks. If there are, please contact us as soon as possible, so we can get it resolved.
- Now that you’ve checked the cartridge is all okay, insert your new cartridge and screw the housing back on.
- Lay the water filter on its side again, and nip it up tight with the cartridge removal tool.
Flush Your Cartridge Before Use
Before using the water filter, please have a look at the flushing instructions. You will receive these in your email after your purchase your water filter.
Simply run water through your water filter for 5 minutes before drinking the water.
Overnight, the new cartridge is going to activate and swell. Your cartridge will work best if you flush it again for a further 3 minutes the following day, and then you’re good to go again for another year.
If Your Filter Gets Blocked
If you ever have a slow flow rate, or the flow starts to slow down, you can simply turn the water off, remove the housing, take the cartridge out, have a look at our instruction on how to scrub a ceramic cartridge, which you just scrub under the tap. Then you put your cartridge back, and you'll have your normal flow back.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We’d be happy to help.