In this article, you will learn how to install and flush your Doulton Ultracarb Single Benchtop Water Filter.
The Doulton Ultracarb Single Benchtop Water Filter is made from high quality materials with a special built in tap diverter for easy installation. There are 3 stages of filtration in the Doulton Ultracarb cartridge that ensure removal of sediments, chlorine, taste, odour, organic contaminants and even heavy metals.
When you receive your filter in the post, open it all up and inspect all of the parts. Check that there are no parts missing and there is nothing broken.
You Will Need:
- Cartridge tool
- Adjustable wrench
Doulton Ultracarb Water Filter Installation
- Put a towel down on the benchtop to give yourself something to work off, so you don't scratch anything.
- Unwind the water hose.
- Lay the water filter on its side.
- Using the cartridge removal tool, turn it anti-clockwise to loosen the housing on your water filter.
- Once you’ve broken the seal, simply unscrew the housing by hand. Be careful not to bump or knock over the cartridge, it’s ceramic so it can break.
- Inspect the cartridge. Run your eyes up and down the ceramic cartridge to ensure there are no chips, cracks or breaks. If there are, please contact us as soon as possible, so we can get it resolved.
- Now that you’ve checked the cartridge is all okay, put it back and put the housing back on.
- Lay the water filter on it’s side again, and nip it up tight again with the cartridge removal tool.
- Unscrew the Aerator off the End of the Faucet
- Install the Benchtop Water Filter Diverter.
- Gently screw it straight up into the top of the tap spout.
- Screw up the diverter tightly, preferably with a tool.
Depending on your faucet, you may need an adapter to work with your diverter. If your faucet has female threads, you will need a double male adapter.
All benchtop water filters we offer come with a double male adapter because most faucets are female threaded.
Flush Water Filter
Before using the water filter, please have a look at the flushing instructions. You will receive these in your email after your purchase your water filter.
Simply run water through your water filter for 5 minutes, before drinking the water.
Operating the Diverter
Lift the lever on the diverter and turn on the water and the water will flow straight through to the water filter and out the water filter spout. Otherwise, if you leave the diverter lever down, the water will simply pass directly through the diverter out of your kitchen sink tap.
If you've got a fluoride cartridge in your filter, it is essential to remove all the cartridges and leave the fluoride cartridge to flush on its own. Click here to learn how to flush your fluoride water filter cartridge.
If Your Filter Gets Blocked
If you ever have a slow flow rate, or the flow starts to slow down, you can simply turn the water off, remove the housing, take the cartridge out, have a look at our instruction on how to scrub a ceramic cartridge, which you just scrub under the tap. Then you put your cartridge back and you'll have your normal flow back.
If you have any questions or run into any issues, please contact us. We’d be happy to help.