In this article, you’ll learn how to replace the cartridges in your Doulton Ultracarb Twin Benchtop with Fluoride Removal.
The Doulton Ultracarb Fluoride Removal system is a very popular unit; it’s one of our top sellers aside from the Ultrapure range.
Click here to read more about the Doulton Ultracarb Twin Fluoride Removal system cartridge replacement pack.
Before You Replace Your Water Filter Cartridges
The quality of your water depends on the quality of your cartridges. That’s why the first thing we recommend doing before you replace your cartridges is inspecting your replacement cartridges for any damage. So when they arrive, cast your eyes over them and check them for any cracks, chips or faults.
Once you have confirmed, they're in perfect condition, time to put them in your water filter.
Let’s get cracking with that now.
How To Change the Cartridges In Your Doulton Ultracarb Benchtop Water Filter
- Unbox your new cartridges and inspect for faults.
- Lay your water filter on its side, and use the housing removal tool to loosen the housings.
- Lift your water filter upright again, and continue unscrewing your housings anticlockwise and lift them off.
- Remove your old cartridges and discard them.
- Insert your new fluoride removal cartridge into position 1—note which way goes up. For Benchtop Water Filters, “this end up” actually goes down.
- Put the housing over the top, and nip it up tight, just tight enough for it to seal. Screw the second housing on without the cartridge inside.
- Nip up both housings using the housing removal tool.
- Turn the water on to flush the fluoride cartridge for 10 minutes.
- Loosen housing number 2 and remove it.
- Insert your new Doulton Ultracarb cartridge without touching it with your hands. Handle it at each end.
- Put the housing back on, and nip it up tight with the cartridge removal tool.
- Turn the water on and flush for a further 5 minutes. You will see the black carbon come out.
- Flush for a further 5 minutes after 12 hours.
Your water filter is now ready to use.
I hope you find this guide helpful.
Click here to see our entire collection of Benchtop Water Filters.
Important Thing To Remember With Fluoride Water Filters
When you change the cartridge in fluoride water filter systems, the cartridges MUST BE FLUSHED before use.
Click here to learn How To Flush Your Fluoride Water Filter.Please contact us if you have any questions or require any help. We’d be delighted to help.