5 Best Fluoride Water Filters in Australia 2023
Fluoride is a chemical commonly added to water supplies to prevent tooth decay. However, many people are becoming more aware of the potential health risks associated with fluoride consumption. The risk may be even higher for kids and many Australians are looking for ways to remove fluoride from their drinking water. This is where a fluoride water filter comes in.
A fluoride water filter is a filtration system designed to remove fluoride from drinking water. It uses various technologies to capture and eliminate fluoride ions from the water, providing you with clean, safe, and fluoride-free drinking water.
Our Top 5 Benchtop Water Filters in 2023:
HPF 7 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter: Best for Highest Contaminant Removal
HPF 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter: 2nd Best for Highest Contaminant Removal
ULTRAPURE Aragon 10" Twin Benchtop & Under Sink Water Filter with Alkaline: Best Fluoride Removal Water Filter for the Family
Alkaway Ultrastream Hydrogen Rich Ioniser: Best Hydrogen Fluoride Removal Water Filter
Filteroo® Stainless Steel Gravity Water Purifier Best Fluoride Removal Gravity Water Filter
Types Of Fluoride Water Filters
There are several types of fluoride water filters on the market, including activated alumina filters, reverse osmosis filters, and distillation filters. Activated alumina filters use a special type of aluminum oxide that attracts fluoride ions and captures them, while reverse osmosis and distillation filters use more complex processes to remove fluoride and other contaminants from the water.
How To Choose A Fluoride Water Filter
When choosing a fluoride water filter, there are several factors to consider. First, you need to determine the type of filter that is best for your needs. For example, if you want to remove fluoride and other contaminants, a reverse osmosis filter may be the best choice. If you prefer a filter that is easy to install and does not require electricity, a gravity-fed activated alumina filter may be a good option.
Other factors to consider include the filter's capacity, flow rate, and cost. You should also look for filters that are certified by independent third-party organizations, such as NSF International, to ensure that they are effective at removing fluoride and other contaminants.
What is the best water filter to remove fluoride? Keep reading to find out our top picks for Fluoride Removal systems in Australia
What Are The Advantages Of A Fluoride Water Filter?
- Removes Contaminants: The primary advantage of using a fluoride water filter is that it helps to remove harmful contaminants from the water. Fluoride is just one of many chemicals that can be found in tap water, and a fluoride water filter can help to eliminate it, along with other chemicals like chlorine, lead, and arsenic.
- Improved Taste: Many people report that using a fluoride water filter improves the taste of their tap water, as it removes any unpleasant odours or flavours caused by chemicals like chlorine or fluoride.
- Health Benefits: Removing fluoride from your drinking water can have health benefits, as it has been linked to various health problems in some studies. While the debate about the safety of fluoride continues, using a fluoride water filter can give you peace of mind that you are consuming cleaner, healthier water.
- Environmental Benefits: Using a fluoride water filter can also have environmental benefits, as it helps to reduce the amount of chemicals and contaminants that end up in the environment, which can be harmful to wildlife and plant life.
- Cost-Effective: In the long run, using a fluoride water filter can be cost-effective, as it eliminates the need to purchase bottled water, which can be expensive and contribute to plastic waste.
- Healthier cooking: Using filtered water for cooking can lead to healthier meals, as you will be removing toxins and contaminants from the water you use.
Why a Fluoride Water Filter is Important In Australia
Fluoride is a chemical element that is commonly found in water sources, and it has been added to municipal water supplies in many countries for over 70 years. While it is popular belief that fluoride can have some dental benefits, such as preventing cavities, there are concerns that long-term exposure to fluoride can have negative health effects.
Some health professionals believe that the artificial fluoride in our water is a toxic waste product that contains harmful chemicals such as arsenic, mercury, barium, radium, lead, and more. While the debate about the safety of fluoride continues, studies have linked fluoride to numerous health concerns, including dental fluorosis, thyroid dysfunction, neurological problems, and an increased risk of bone cancer in boys.
In addition to the potential health risks, fluoride in our drinking water can also be a danger to animals and wildlife, and high concentrations can harm the environment. This has led many countries in Western Europe to reject water fluoridation, with only 3% of the population receiving fluoridated water.
It is also worth noting that while some toothpaste contains fluoride, many children now exceed the recommended daily intake of fluoride from toothpaste alone. In fact, 49 studies have linked fluoride to a lower IQ in children, raising concerns about the safety of adding fluoride to drinking water.
Overall, while the safety of fluoride is still being debated, it is important for individuals to be aware of the potential health risks and to take steps to limit their exposure to this chemical.
Using a fluoride water filter can be an effective way to remove fluoride from your drinking water and reduce your risk of negative health effects.